Do you want to work with some of the best in the business, while creating, exploring, coaching and growing our team… and you?
Cilantro and Chive is NOW HIRING one AWESOME Sous Chef!
Starting as a catering company, to a 60 seat restaurant in Ponoka, we are independently owned and operated now in historic downtown Lacombe. Over the past 4 years here in Lacombe we have grown exponentially, with a menu focused on locally sourced food, over 200+ Craft Beers, epic food, and engaging & friendly customer service. We haven’t stopped growing, evolving and looking to build for the future.
But building community is what we do best – through collaborative relationships with other like-minded businesses and local suppliers.
We have a strong report with the Cook Apprentice program at RDC – with 8 current students and recent graduates.
Our menu changes with the seasons (4 times a year) to keep a fresh, creative and unique approach to comfort food.
Our Burger of the Month program that was initiated in February of 2017 has now raised over $55,000 for local community groups and organizations in need.
We work with and engage in local school produce programs, school box lunches, ice cream sandwich pop-ups, kitchen pop-ups at local Alberta breweries, while working with local producers, farmers and more!
• Full time salaried position
• 44+/- hour work week averaging five 9 hours days, and 2 days off each week
• Consistent weekend and evening availability, with flexible scheduling
• Direct development of our menu that changes 4 times a year with the seasons, meeting required developmental timelines set by the General Manager & Ownership
• Ongoing positive working relationships with our current suppliers, and building relationships with future local suppliers
• Understanding and efficiency using 7 Shifts online scheduling system
• Engaging in our Burger of the Month campaign: helping meet local Guest Chefs, designing creative burgers, developing recipes, procedures and implementation
• Weekly food inventory
• Creating and costing features with the support of our culinary team on an ongoing basis
• Implementing and impacting catering functions, collaborative pop-ups, fundraisers and off-site events with direct engagement with General Manager and Ownership
• Attend weekly management meetings
• Promoting a positive, engaging, clean and safe work environment for all team members and guests. Free from harassment and abuse.
• Previous full service/restaurant or bar experience minimum 3 years required
• Previous Sous Chef/Chef management experience required
• Culinary education and certificates an asset (Food Safe, WHMIS, First Aid, Pro-Serve)
* Only qualified candidates will be contacted
If you’re tired of being put into a box, send your resume and let us know about you in an email to email@example.com or stop by 5021 50th Street in the heart of historic downtown Lacombe!
We want to continue to push the boundaries of conventional restaurants, and grow.
And we’d like YOU to be a part of your journey!