COVID-19 Policies and Procedures for our Guests
Cilantro and Chive has always had a tireless commitment in maintaining our environment to be safe, clean, fresh and FUN for all of our guests and our employees.
We’re following restrictions and guidelines laid out by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta to help keep our business open, employees working, and to continue serving our community.
Thank you for your empathy and patience as our team does their best to ensure a great experience you you, whether it be for dine-in, or takeout.
Please respect all of the people around you!
We will not tolerate any harassment or abuse towards any of our employees or guests.
Are you upset at restrictions or AHS guidelines?
Please contact your local MLA or contact the Provincial Government.
Office of the Premier
307 Legislature Building
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, we are fighting a virus – not each other.
If you or anyone in your party has experienced cold-like symptoms, or been in direct contact with someone who has cold-like symptoms such as (but not limited to) fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness, or shortness of breath – we kindly ask that you reschedule your visit or call us at (403) 782-2882 to cancel your reservation. We encourage you to call 811 and have an AHS self-assessment for COVID-19.
What we expect from you
CILANTRO AND CHIVE HAS OPTED IN TO THE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT’S “RESTRICTIONS EXEMPTION PROGRAM”
- Effective Monday October 24th as per government regulations, our team will ask for valid proof of double vaccination status (ages 12 and up) or proof of a privately paid negative covid test, along with identification (ages 18 and up)
- Proof of Vaccination includes : A picture or paper record of a valid Alberta Health Services, MyHealth Records, pharmacy, First Nations, or physician immunization record prominently displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or Canadian armed forces immunization record, displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or An immunization record from another Canadian Province or Territory, displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or Valid Government of Alberta Vaccination QR code (starting November 15th will become only suitable vaccination record).
- Negative Test Result : should be a written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction. It must clearly outline the laboratory that completed the test if applicable (e.g., DynaLIFE), the type of test, time of sample collection, and clear indication of a negative result.
- Any guests who are not able to show this information : will be able to order curbside pickup only at this time, and the order will be brought outside to you.
- AHS has mandated that masks need to be worn by all of our guests when not seated at their table.
- Contact information will be collected from one person in your group. This includes a “Full Name” and applicable phone number.
- QR Codes for “EATS” and “DRINKS” will be on each table, also on floor decals, and in other areas of the restaurant. You can simply scan the QR Code with your smartphone camera to bring up our entire food menu, what’s on tap, cocktails, wine, etc,
- Sanitizer bottles will be placed on every table and throughout the restaurant to promote proper sanitation, and for ease of use for our guests.
- Our team will be happy to bring your paid pickup order out to your vehicle curbside. Please inform them of you wanting this option.
- Bar stools have been completely removed at this time.
- All of our tables are still distanced and/or separated by a physical barrier including the backs of our booths to ensure proper physical distancing.
For updated public health measures, please visit : https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#regions
Any questions, concerns, or comments of any kind please do not hesitate to let us know directly at email@example.com
What you can expect from us
- Each of our employees and management conduct a pre-screening process before each and every shift through a program called “InUnison”. Employees are screened with a variety of questions, and if any answered positively, they are unable to enter the building and our management team is notified.
- All employees of Cilantro and Chive have their temperatures recorded when they arrive for their shifts. Any team members registering a temperature higher than 38C or 100.4F will be asked to leave immediately and conduct an AHS self-assessment.
- PPE (personal protective equipment / masks) are worn at all times.
- All employees will wash/sanitize their hands at minimum every 15 minutes. A timer in the kitchen and at our front host station goes off every 15 minutes as a reminder for all team members.
- All of our service and kitchen team will be wearing approved PPE at all times.
- All tables, chairs, booth seats, and barriers are sanitized and cleaned throughout the day. Including touch points like chairs, booths, seats, physical barriers and more.
This past year and a half has been one of the most challenging for all of us.
Due to the ongoing support from some of the BEST guests hands down, and the love of this community, we have been able to survive and get to where we are today. Because of this support, we have been able to pause, reset, and change our business to adapt to better meet your needs and ensure the very best in health and safety for everyone.
As we continue to navigate this global pandemic, we are diligently taking all the necessary steps at the direction of Alberta Health Services. Also will change and adjust our policies as they come. This “new normal” we were not expecting, however we’re confident that we will get through this, and have a crisp high-five waiting on the other side.
We look forward to seeing you!
(from a safe distance, of course)